Information for parents
As we all look forward to the start of a new term, I thought it would be helpful to clarify some points:
- All children should wear school uniform - except on 'Outdoor Learning' days
- Children are asked not to bring additional bags (or equipment) into school
- We will be continuing with a rolling drop off model for all pupils. Parents are asked to leave children at the noticeboard and follow the one-way system out of school via the driveway.
- The school gates will be opened from 8.45am - all pupils should be in class ready to start their day by 9.00am. Please ensure your child is in class on time. It is very disruptive for the class when children arrive late.
- Parents are reminded that all communication with the school office should be via email or phone. Parents will only be able to enter the school building by prior arrangement
- At 3.15pm children should be collected from the recreation ground
What should my child bring to school?
Your child will need to bring:
1) Their PE kit (in a named small drawstring PE bag) - shorts, T-shirt, jogging bottoms, warm top and trainers (+ spare socks if they wear tights to school. Please ensure all items in their PE bag are named.
2) A named drinks bottle
3) A named lunchbox containing a healthy lunch (no chocolate please) - unless they are having school dinner. Please ensure school dinners are booked before starting back at school. We also ask parents to ensure that children are able to access the food in their lunchboxes. Children can become very frustrated if they struggle to open packaging and have to wait for help.
4) A named coat - suitable for the weather conditions + hat, gloves and scarf for colder weather
In order to minimise risk at school we ask that parents:
- Do not send their children to school if they are feeling unwell
- Follow the quarantine guidelines if affected countries have been visited
- Inform school if any members of your immediate family have been in contact with anybody who has tested positive for coronavirus
Please be aware that we may all need to be prepared for short notice closure or partial closure of the school.