Sport at Hope Brook
Our vision is that all pupils at Hope Brook School, regardless of age or ability, want to take part in sport or activity. Whilst some children may be talented at sports, others may be less confident. At Hope Brook, we work to make sure everyone can experience the benefits of sport and physical activity and of being part of a team.
Our planning, as well as following the National Curriculum statutory requirements, allows us to teach a variety of sports through PE lessons, cross-curricular sessions and extra-curricular activities throughout the academic year including, gymnastics, dance, athletics, team sports, swimming, as well as promoting outdoor learning in all subjects.
Our aim is to shape each pupil’s character, promote the school’s ethos of fair competition, reinforce the benefits of healthy life style choices and nurture the children’s sporting passions.
We ensure all pupils:
- Have access to a wide variety of activities – we try to introduce one new activity each year.
- Have the opportunity to participate in competitive events.
- Promote fair play and respect.
- Utilise every opportunity to be active – in lessons, play times and after school clubs.
- Understand the importance of well-being – both physical and mental.
- Encourage lifelong participation, enthusiasm and enjoyment.
- Build on existing skills and experiences, ensuring progression and continuity in children’s learning.
- Support each other to be the best they can be.