Wagtails Advent Assembly
Hope Brook celebrated Advent slightly differently this year, exploring the meaning of the Advent wreath. The use of the Advent wreath with four candles is a symbol of the 4 week wait for Jesus birth.
The green branches remind us of the new life we have in Jesus, and the circle represents the eternity of God‟s love for us – with no beginning and no end.
- The first purple candle is the “Candle of Hope.” It symbolizes faith in God keeping his promises to humanity and reminds us to be patient for his arrival. This is lit each day during the first week of Advent.
- The second purple candle is the “Candle of Preparation,” reminding Christians to “get ready” to receive God. The two purple candles are lit during the second week of Advent.
- The pink candle is the “Candle of Joy.” It recalls the angels joyfully singing about the birth of Christ. The pink and two purple candles are lit during the third week of Advent.
- The third purple candle is the “Candle of Love” reminds Christians that God loves them enough to send his only Son to Earth because he loves us. The three purple candles and the pink candle are lit during the fourth week of Advent.
- The white candle is the “Christ Candle,” and is in the centre of the wreath. It reminds us that Jesus is the spotless lamb of God sent to bring us Forgiveness, Hope and Joy. This candle is lit on Christmas day on its own.